afloat with fishermen, understanding about life afloat, life at sea, Bien Dong Sea,

afloat with fishermen, understanding about life afloat, life at sea, Bien Dong Sea,

Mixed emotions of the return day

Mixed emotions of the return day

Four doors of the vessel’s cellars were nailed with full of 10 tons of fishes, Leo pushed the GPS machine, on which the screen show Sa Ky letter and shouted: “Thanks to Ba Cau for providing us lots of fishes, let’s go, brothers!”. The ship moved toward Sa Ky estuary. Reaching to the prow, I stood solemnly and greeted Trung Sa, after experience a lot of days looking forward to returning to my motherland.
Children who grow with the waves

Children who grow with the waves

On fishing boats floating in the waters of Hoang Sa Archipelagoes, there have been a number of teenage boys just in their 20s, however, gaining years of sailing experience. They are regarded as “the brairds of the ocean” who would follow the steps of their elders.
Ships going aground at sea

Ships going aground at sea

Quang Ngai's seafarers face trouble when they have been continuously bullied by foreign ships on the Hoang Sa's waters of our country. Many people fell into bankruptcy when going home because the ship had only a empty wooden shell.
The rage of the ocean

The rage of the ocean

The sea is a place where evil storms suddenly flare up, and also the birthplace of many terrible storms. During this fateful voyage, the fishermen and I had a taste of the anger and cruelty of the sea as we had to cope with a terrible unseasonal thunderstorm.
Great battle against ocean's monsters

Great battle against ocean's monsters

The sea hunters have, not a few times, been terrified by "monsters", which are the big fish. Many fishermen even had to pay by their own lives.
Net fishing flying fish on the sea

Net fishing flying fish on the sea

Flying fish are abundant across the country but mostly are “mẻng” flying fish. The bigger ones known as “cồ” flying fish, however, are only spotted off the shore of Dinh Tan village, Paracel Islands. Only local Dinh Tan villagers know where the large species of flying fish are to net them.
Meals on the waves of homeless lives

Meals on the waves of homeless lives

"The daily activities including eating and sleeping of 9 seafarers facing a lot of obstacles to survive together on about 4m2 cabin"
500 hours afloat with fishermen: Part 1, Stormy adventure

500 hours afloat with fishermen: Part 1, Stormy adventure

I had had a “stormy” adventure with the fishermen of Dinh Tan village, Binh Chau commune, Quang Ngai to the Trung Sa area, which located in the Bien Dong Sea, about 1,000 km off the mainland. 500 hours afloat on the sea, I had witnessed the sea changing from gentleness, generosity to anger, and cruelty.
    Prev         Next    
Phiên bản di động