Meet Vietnam: An Event to Cultivate International Friendship
Reliable partner, responsible member of international community
Welcoming delegates to attend the 22nd Assembly of the World Peace Council in Vietnam, Nguyen Phuong Nga thanked the WPC for its assistance towards the Vietnamese people in the past struggle for independence, freedom, peace, and reunification in the past and the current national construction and defense.
|Nguyen Phuong Nga - VUFO's President gave a speech at the meeting (Photo: Thu Ha).|
At the meeting, Nguyen Phuong Nga shared with the delegates general information about Vietnam’s socio-economic development achievements, foreign policy, and the country's development path in the coming time.
After 35 years of renovation, door-opening, and integration, Vietnam has achieved many accomplishments. The socio-economic situation is getting stable and growing, the people's living standard and quality of life are improved, the political system is built and solidified, the national defense and security are maintained and strengthened, the foreign affairs and international integration are constantly expanding, and Vietnam's international role and position are increasingly enhanced.
Vietnam implements the foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, peace, diversification, multilateralization, proactive, and active international integration in a comprehensive, extensive, and effective way. Vietnam is a good friend, a reliable partner and a responsible member of the international community. Over the past time, Vietnam's foreign relations and international cooperation have continued to be expanded and deepened, creating a stable and sustainable relationship framework with partners at both bilateral and multilateral levels, and on all three pillars of Party diplomacy, State diplomacy and People-to-people diplomacy.
Vietnam has established diplomatic relations with 190/193 UN member states, of which it has the strategic partnership with 17 countries, comprehensive partnership with 13 countries. Vietnam Communist Party has relations with 247 political parties in 111 countries. The National Assembly of Vietnam has built and cultivated relations with parliaments of more than 140 countries around the world.
|Delegates attended the meeting (Photo: Thu Ha).|
Vietnamese people's organizations also actively establish relationships with thousands of foreign ones and non-governmental organizations, creating a strong and lasting network of relationships with traditional friends and new partners.
Up to now, Vietnam has been a member of more than 70 global and regional multilateral organizations and forums such as the UN, ASEAN, APEC, ASEM, and WTO. Over the past 10 years, Vietnam has made great efforts to proactively and actively participate in international institutions, undertaking many important tasks, making practical contributions to multilateral forums and promoting reconciliation, conflict resolution, and peace-building initiatives.
Since 2014, Vietnam has actively participated in UN peacekeeping operations, deploying over 500 officers, 4 two-level field hospitals and 1 engineer unit to the UN peacekeeping missions in Africa.
Empowering Vietnam to achieve set goals
Referring to the country's development path in the coming time, Mrs. Nguyen Phuong Nga said that Vietnam is determined to build an independent and self-reliant economy, with the capability of resisting external fluctuations and enhancing extensive, proactive, substantive, and effective international integration. Vietnam sets the current goal of developing a prosperous and happy country, and by the middle of the 21st century, Vietnam becomes a socialist-oriented developed country.
|Nguyen Phuong Nga discussed with delegates after the meeting (Photo: Thu Ha).|
At the Q&A session, the international delegates raised many questions about Vietnam's socio-economic development, education universalization, environmental protection, gender equality, and foreign policy.
Nguyen Phuong Nga thanked the delegates for their interest and support for the Party, State, and people of Vietnam as well as for its path of constructing and defending the Fatherland.
|Iraklis Tsavdaridis - Permanent Secretary of the World Peace Council - presented a souvenir to Ms. Nguyen Phuong Nga. (Photo: Thu Ha)|
“The support and assistance of the international delegates is a great source of encouragement for us, which is among the decisive factors to energize us in achieving the set goals. At the same time, it helps us to be firmer and faster on the chosen path of becoming a powerful, prosperous, and developed Socialist Vietnam, and continuing to make active and effective contributions to the world struggle for peace, independence, social progress, and sustainable development", concluded Nga.
In the coming time, Vietnam will focus on the following areas:
(1) Synchronously and effectively implementing strategic breakthroughs: To build and improve institutions and laws; to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of direction, administration, and law enforcement; to step up the prevention and fight against corruption, negativity, and wastefulness; to improve the quality of human resources; to promote the development and application of modern science and technology of the 4.0 revolution; to strengthen innovation, digital transformation, the green transformation of the digital economy and digital society; to focus on building a synchronous and modern infrastructure system.
(2) Focusing on comprehensive and synchronous development of cultural areas, ensuring social security, and improving people's material and spiritual life.
(3) Accelerating administrative reform, reorganizing the apparatus, downsizing of payroll, and creating a favorable business and investment environment.
(4) Strengthening the management and efficient use of land and resources; protecting the environment, preventing natural disasters, responding to climate change, drastically implementing strategies, plans, and programs to respond to climate change; promoting appropriate and effective green energy conversion.
(5) Maintaining independence, sovereignty, unity, and territorial integrity, ensuring national defense, security, social order, and safety.
(6) Implementing synchronously, comprehensively, and effectively foreign activities and international integration, contributing to maintaining a peaceful and stable environment for the development of the country.
(7) Building and improving the socialist rule of law state; strengthening the building and rectification of the Party to create a clean and strong political system; improving the Party's leadership, ruling, and combating capacity; promoting socialist democracy.
According to Tran Dac Loi, Vice Chairman of Vietnam Peace Committee, since ancient times, the spirit of harmony and peace-loving has become a Vietnamese tradition. ...
In their first days in Vietnam, many delegates of the 22nd Assembly of the World Peace Council (WPC), which is held from Nov 21 to ...
Delegates of the ongoing 22nd Assembly of the World Peace Council (WPC), paid homage to the late President Ho Chi Minh