|The National Population Database Project efficiently implemented|
|History of People's Public Security of Vietnam|
|Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security: Political background of candidates for next term Party committees|
The Headquarters of National Defence Ministry. (Photo: VDP)
It has the State management function in building the all-people national defence, the People's Army and the Militia and Self-Defence Force; and at the same time is the leading organ of the People's Army and the Militia and Self-Defence Force with the people to fight in the posture of the people's war under the leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam in order to prevent, frustrate all plots, sabotage and aggression, and protect the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.
Organizations currently include: Office of the Ministry of Defence, General Staff, General Political Department, General Department of Logistics, General Department of Technology, General Department of Defence Industry, General Department of Defencee Intelligence and a number of other agencies and units.
Date of establishment: Jully 27th, 1945 (the date the Provisional Government of Vietnam Democratic Republic gave the establishment and the statement).
Address: No 7 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
Names through the ages
Ministry of National Defence (8/1945 - 10/1946)
Ministry of National Defence-General Command (11/1946 - 7/1947)
Department of Defence (7/1947 - 10/1948)
Ministry of Defence-General Command (10/1948 - 3/1949)
Ministry of Defence-Genera Command (3/1949 - 1975, after renaming the General Commander of the National Army)
Ministry of Defence (since 1976).
The principles of Defence activity
1. Compliance with the Constitution and laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under the leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the unified management of the State.
2. Mobilize the combined strength of the entire nation and the whole political system, in which the armed forces is the core.
3. Closely combine socio-economic development to strengthen national defense and vice versa.
4. Building the national defence, national defence posture associated with people's security posture.
5. Combined with security missions and foreign affairs.
According to Article 5. The principles of Defence activity, the Law on Defence, No 39/2005/QH, dated 14/6/2005, passed by the 11th National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam at its 7th session.
Duties and powers
The Ministry of National Defence is the advisery organ for the Party and State to consult on matters of national defence and military guidelines and duties in safeguarding the Homeland, exercises the State management function on national defence nationwide, organizes the work of building, managing and commanding of the VPA, the Militia and Self-Defence Force, and administers puplic services as stipulated by law. The Minister of National Defence, who directs the execution of the State management functions on national defence and military affairs as defined by law and concurrently takes on responsibilities for the organization, building and management of the armed forces, and is the highest commander of the VPA and the Militia and Self- Defence Force. The Ministry of National defence is composed of the General Staff, the General Political Department, other general departments and their subordinates. The Ministry of National Defence decides the commission and promotion of officers to the ranks of field and company officers of the VPA.
|1. To be responsible to the Government for exercising the State management function on national defence nationwide; assist the Government in building law projects, ordinances, decrees and documents guiding the implementation of laws and ordinances on defence . |
2. To chair and coordinate with ministries, ministerial-level agencies, the Governmental agencies in building the State plans submitted to the Government for decision; organize, build, and manage the VPA and the Militia and Self-Defence Force in implementing national defence missions.
3. To guide, inspect, invest, and finally check the implementation of national defence missions of ministries and ministerial-level agencies, the Governmental agencies and local authorities in accordance with this Law and other legal provisions law.
According to Article 45. Duties and powers of the Ministry of Defence, the Law on Defence, No 39/2005/QH, dated 14/6/2005, passed by the 11th National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam at its 7th session.
|History of People's Public Security of Vietnam |
Since its foundation in 1945, the Vietnam People's Public Security (PPS) has always received direct leadership, continuous training from the CPV and Uncle Ho, as ...
|Vietnam economic growth: History, today and future vision |
Been through several stages of development, Vietnam's economy is growing strongly. This article summarizes the transition and progress of Vietnam's economy after 1945.
|Communist Party of Vietnam: History, Organization and Structure |
The Communist Party of Vietnam: History, Organization and Structure: The current political system of Viet Nam is composed of the following: the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV), ...