Cameroon vs Serbia World Cup 2022: Date & Time, Preview, Team News, Prediction
Serbia head into the game off the back of a 2-0 defeat to Brazil. It was a particularly miserable night for Dragan Stojkovic's side as Brazil's goalkeeper Alisson was not tested once during the game. Serbia are one of four sides not to have had a shot on target at the 2022 World Cup so far.
Meanwhile, Cameroon suffered a narrow defeat to Switzerland in their opening game. It was Cameroon-born Breel Embolo that scored for the Swiss in the 48th minute of the game, as Daily Mail reported. Cameroon's streak of losses at World Cup finals has extended to eight games, dating back to 2002, but they have the chance to improve that record when facing Serbia.
Cameroon vs Serbia kickoff time, venue
Both beaten in their opening game of the Qatar 2022 World Cup, Cameroon and Group G rivals Serbia convene for a crucial clash. Cameroon vs Serbia is scheduled for a 10am GMT kick-off on Monday, November 28, 2022. The match will take place at the Al Janoub Stadium in Al-Wakrah, Qatar.
|Brazil's Richarlison, center, scores the second goal of his team against Serbia during the World Cup group G soccer match between Brazil and Serbia, at the the Lusail Stadium in Lusail, Qatar on Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022. (AP Photo/Darko Vojinovic)|
How to watch Cameroon vs Serbia on streaming or free TV
World Cup 2022 fans in the U.S. have a choice of options when it comes to livestreaming games at the tournament, according to mashable.com.
You can watch every game on the FOX Sports family of networks, which are the official English-language broadcast partner in the United States.
The Cameroon vs. Serbia match will be shown on FS1, with broadcasters Telemundo and Universo also showing the game.
Fans who prefer to use live TV streaming services have options including FuboTV, Sling TV, YouTube TV.
TV channel: In the UK, the match will be televised free-to-air and live on ITV, with coverage beginning at 9am.
Live stream: The ITV Hub will broadcast the match live online.
Live blog: You can follow all the action via Standard Sport’s live blog.
Cameroon vs Serbia team news
Swansea midfielder Olivier Ntcham is a major doubt for Cameroon due to injury, while it will be intriguing to see if head coach Rigobert Song turns back to Vincent Aboubakar with their captain and usual talisman restricted to a late second-half cameo off the bench against the Swiss.
For Serbia boss Dragan Stojkovic, Juventus pair Filip Kostic and Dusan Vlahovic are not yet fully fit, with only the latter coming on against Brazil.
If ready, as uk.sports reported, both could come into the fold here, with more firepower needed alongside the likes of Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dusan Tadic. Fiorentina frontman Luka Jovic is another good option to boost the attacking presence.
According to sportsmole, despite drawing a blank on Thursday, Bayern Munich forward Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is likely to keep his place for Cameroon, given some scintillating form during recent weeks. Rigobert Song could consider turning to his long-serving captain Vincent Aboubakar instead, but the Saudi Arabia-based striker is expected to start on the bench once again.
Whichever centre-forward starts for the Indomitable Lions, Brentford's Bryan Mbeumo will form part of their support act, alongside Karl Toko Ekambi of Lyon. The former made little impact against Switzerland, though, and is still seeking his first international goal.
Meanwhile, midfielder Olivier Ntcham has been ruled out of Cameroon's remaining group games due to injury, so Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Martin Hongla - who both play their club football in Italy - start again in the engine room.
Following his side's defeat to Brazil, Dragan Stojkovic aired his frustration that top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic and Juventus pair Dusan Vlahovic and Filip Kostic were not fully fit.
While left-winger Kostic is still a doubt, Vlahovic is set to start on Monday and partner Mitrovic up front, with influential captain Dusan Tadic featuring in an advanced midfield role.
Vanja Milinkovic-Savic should hold off the challenges of Marko Dmitrovic and Predrag Rajkovic to line up in goal; joining his older brother, Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, in the starting XI.
Cameroon vs Serbia prediction
Cameroon possible starting lineup:
Onana; Fai, N'Koulou, Castelletto, Tolo; Anguissa, Ondoua, Hongla; Mbeumo, Choupo-Moting, Toko Ekambi
Serbia possible starting lineup:
V. Milinkovic-Savic; Milenkovic, Veljkovic, Pavlovic; Zivkovic, Gudelj, S. Milinkovic-Savic, Mladenovic; Tadic; Vlahovic, Mitrovic
Serbia have scored freely in recent times, and after being stymied by one of the World Cup favourites in their opening match can now revert to type by finding the net more than once against lesser opposition. While they rarely give much away at the back, Cameroon have to push on at some stage in search of three points; leaving the Eagles' talented technicians space to pick them off.
Serbia are the clear favorites in this match, as the European side is coming off an impressive UEFA qualifying campaign where they won a group that included Portugal.
Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Serbia win with a probability of 39.35%. A win for Cameroon has a probability of 33.26% and a draw has a probability of 27.4%.
The most likely scoreline for a Serbia win is 0-1 with a probability of 11.24%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 1-2 (8.29%) and 0-2 (7.19%). The likeliest Cameroon win is 1-0 (10.13%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (12.95%).
Cameroon vs Serbia Betting Tips
Cameroon has gone 1-0-3 in their last four games.
Serbia has only one loss in their last 14 matches.
Cameroon is +1200 to win Group G, while Serbia is at +650.
Serbia won their qualifying group over Portugal, an impressive result against a World Cup dark horse contender.
Serbia 2-0 Cameroon
Serbia averaged 2.25 goals per game while allowing 1.13 during qualifying, finishing with a 6-2-0 record. They carried on that strong form in Nations league, going 4-1-1 with wins against Sweden, Norway, and Slovenia.
This is a team with talented players like strikers Dušan Vlahović of Juventus and Aleksandar Mitrović of Fulham. There are also midfielders Sergej Milinković-Savić (Lazio) and winger Filip Kostić (Juventus).
When you look at Cameroon, you see a team that projects to finish fourth in Group G. They're coming in at poor form with losses in recent friendlies to Korea Republic, Uzbekistan, and Algeria.
The Indomitable Lions will need to rely on Napoli defensive midfielder André-Frank Zambo Anguissa to hold down the fort in the middle if they're to make some noise in this tournament.
|Tunisia vs Australia World Cup 2022: Date & Time, Preview, Team News, Prediction |
Australia will be bidding to bounce back from their heavy defeat to France when they continue their World Cup Group D campaign against Tunisia on ...
|Portugal vs Uruguay World Cup 2022: Date & Time, Preview, Team News, Prediction |
Portugal face Uruguay on Monday night in a rematch of the 2018 World Cup knockout tie between the pair.
|Ecuador vs Senegal World Cup 2022: Date & Time, Match Preview, Team News, Prediction |
It is a tight contest in Group A of the 2022 World Cup as the clock ticks fast towards the last group-stage match between Ecuador ...