Vietnamese leaders send condolences to US over two mass shootings
|
Source: Reuters
Two mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, on August 4 left dozens of civilians dead and injured.
In Texas, 27 people were wounded, and another 26 were hurt in Ohio, where the shooter was killed in roughly 30 seconds by police who were patrolling nearby.
Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl told a news conference Sunday that the shooter - a 24-year-old white man called Connor Betts - wore a mask and a bullet-proof vest and was armed with an assault rifle fitted with a 100-round drum magazine.
His sister, who had gone with him to the scene, was among those killed.
Police said on Monday they had no evidence so far that race played a part in the Dayton shooting.
In Texas, police said the suspect surrendered on a sidewalk near the scene of the massacre. He was described in media reports as a 21-year-old white man named Patrick Crusius.
He was believed to have posted online a manifesto denouncing a "Hispanic invasion" of Texas. El Paso, on the border with Mexico, is majority Latino.
Recommended

Honoring the Fallen: Incense Offering for the 37th Anniversary of Gac Ma

Vietnam Coast Guard Expands International Cooperation for Maritime Security

Three Vietnamese Fishermen Saved Off Jeju Coast

Vietnamese Coast Guard Rescues Filipino Sailor In Distress

Naval Region 3 Brings Tet Atmosphere to Fatherland's Outpost Islands

Patriots Send Tet Love to Vietnamese Islands

Enhanced Surveillance in Binh Thuan to Combat IUU Fishing
