Minister: Academic year to end later due to COVID-19 outbreak
|OVs in Poland present 16,000 face masks to Vinh Phuc province|
|Vietnam’s tourism sector could lose US$ 5bln due to COVID-19|
|Universities make, distribute hand sanitisers to students, staff amid COVID-19 outbreak|
Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Several localities have decided that students will return to schools on February 17 after two weeks of shutdown, he said, adding that classes should resume once safety measures are adopted as guided by the Health Ministry.
According to him, the Ministry of Education and Training has come up with plans in response to the epidemic, including allowing school shutdown if necessary.
As of February 13, 16 cities and provinces nationwide decided to let their students return to schools on February 17.
Meanwhile, students in northern Vinh Phuc province, where 11 out of the 16 COVID-19 infection cases in the country have been confirmed to date, will stay at home until February 22.
At a meeting of the national steering committee for prevention and control of the disease on February 14, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, who is also head of the committee, said he previously ordered the education ministry to pen detailed instructions on prevention measures for schools, teachers, parents and students.
Every corner at schools must be safe for students, he said, adding local authorities and schools were requested to enhance communication work to raise public awareness of the disease.
Students’ health and safety remain the first priority, therefore, if schools resume teaching, they must assure the safest possible environment for the students, Dam said.
Besides, it is important to make parents believe that their children are safe from coronavirus while attending schools, he said.
Deputy PM Dam also stressed that as special attention must be paid to public consensus, ministries, sectors and localities must carefully consider the resumption of classes, while continuing the prevention and control of the disease./.