Watch Live Tokyo Olympics in the US for Free: TV Channel, Stream, Online
|Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: Dates, Venues, Facts, Figures and Everything You Need to Know|
|Seul to tackle Tokyo's Dokdo claim on Olympic map 'as strongly as possible'|
|Pelosi calls for world leaders to boycott 2022 China Olympics|
|Photo: Brain Study|
How to watch live Tokyo Olympic in the US on TV Channels
NBC is home to the Olympics, so tune into your local NBC station for primetime coverage. Programing will also be featured on NBC Sports Network, USA, CNBC, the NBC Olympics channel, the Golf Channel and Telemundo. Or viewers can stream the Games at Peacock, NBCOlympics.com and NBC Sports.com. Tokyo Olympics programming can also be seen on streamers that feature NBC such as Sling TV, Hulu Plus, FuboTV, AT&T TV, Xfinity and YouTube TV, according to Deadline.
Tokyo Olympics trailer (Video: BBC)
How to Stream Tokyo Olympic without Cable?
NBC is the official US broadcaster for the 2020 Olympics, with the action from Tokyo likely to be shown between linear TV coverage - usually NBCSN or NBC - and dedicated streaming service Peacock TV.
Peacock Premium costs from just $4.99 a month (or $49.99 for a whole year) and offers a FREE 7-day trial. Best of all, signing up is easy - it only takes a few seconds and some basic details to get up and running, even accepting internationally recognized payment platform PayPal for added convenience.
All of the Olympics action that's aired on linear TV can also be watched affordably without cable - courtesy of great value over-the-top streaming service Sling. NBCSN comes as part of its $35 a month Sling Blue package. But be sure to check the Sling website for special offers - there's usually something eye-catching on. For example, at the time of writing your first month for only $10.
|Simone Biles will compete with the US Women's Gymnastics team at her second Olympic Games. photo: Getty Images|
If you subscribe to this or any other streaming service and find yourself unable to access it because you're out of the country, remember that you can use a VPN to tune into your usual coverage just like you would at home.
Of the many options, we rate ExpressVPN as the best of the best - our latest 2021 testing showing that it works brilliantly in helping US residents access services like Sling and Peacock from abroad, as reported by Techradar.
What is the time difference between the U.S. and Japan?
Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern time and 16 hours ahead of Pacific time, which means many events held in the evening in Tokyo will be in the early morning hours for U.S. viewers.
Olympics Start Date, Location
The Olympic games will start on July 23 and end on August 8. All the games are happening in Tokyo, Japan. This is the first time Tokyo is hosting the Summer Olympics since 1964. More than 200 countries will take part in the Olympics 2021 and compete in many games, such as athletics, badminton, basketball, football, swimming, tennis, water polo, and many more.
When is the Olympics Opening Ceremony?
The opening ceremony of the Olympics 2021 will take place on July 23 at 8 pm in Tokyo with worldwide coverage starting at 3:55 am PT/6:55 am ET. The theme of the Summer Olympics is United by Emotion.
Are there any new sports for 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
Six new sports and 15 new 'events' have been added to the Olympics program. The new sports are baseball, softball, karate, sport climbing, surfing, and skateboarding.
However, some of the new events we can look forward to include 3x3 Basketball, Madison Cycling, and Freestyle BMX, as well as new mixed-gender events in athletics, swimming, table tennis and triathlon.
Tokyo Olympics 2020 schedule and events
• Olympics Opening Ceremony - July 23
• 3x3 Basketball - July 24-28
• Archery - July 23-31
• Artistic Gymnastics - July 24 - August 3
• Artistic Swimming - August 2-7
• Athletics - July 30 - August 8
• Badminton - July 24 - August 2
• Baseball/Softball - July 21 - August 7
• Basketball - July 25 - August 8
• Beach Volleyball - July 24 - August 7
• Boxing - July 24 - August 8
• Canoe Slalom - July 25-30
• Canoe Sprint - August 2-7
• Cycling BMX Freestyle - July 31 - August 1
• Cycling BMX Racing - July 29-30
• Cycling Mountain Bike - July 26-27
• Cycling Road - July 24-28
• Cycling Track - August 2-8
• Diving - July 25 - August 7
• Equestrian - July 24 - August 7
• Fencing - July 24 - August 1
• Football - July 21 - August 7
• Golf - July 29 - August 7
• Handball - July 24 - August 8
• Hockey - July 24 - August 6
• Judo - July 24-31
• Karate - August 5-7
• Marathon Swimming - August 4-5
• Modern Pentathlon - August 5-7
• Rhythm Gymnastics - August 6-8
• Rowing - July 23-30
• Rugby Sevens - July 26-31
• Sailing - July 25 - August 4
• Shooting - July 24 - August 2
• Skateboarding - July 25-26, August 4-5
• Sport Climbing - August 3-6
• Surfing - July 25 - August 1
• Swimming - July 24 - August 1
• Table Tennis - July 24 - August 6
• Taekwondo - July 24-27
• Tennis - July 24 - August 1
• Trampoline Gymnastics - July 30-31
• Triathlon - July 26-31
• Volleyball - July 24 - August 8
• Water Polo - July 24 - August 8
• Weightlifting - July 24 - August 4
• Wrestling - August 1-7
• Olympics Closing Ceremony - August 8
|Megan Rapinoe and the US Women's Soccer team defeated Japan to win the gold medal at the 2012 Olympics. Photo: AP|
When is Olympics 2021 Football?
Take a look at the full football schedule at the Tokyo Olympics. The matches are in Japanese time so don’t miss out on the live action.
• Start date: Wednesday, July 21 at 16:3o
• End date: Saturday, August 7 at 20:30
When is Olympics Swimming?
Take a look at the complete breakdown of Olympic swimming that will be happening in July 2021:
• Start date: Saturday, July 24
• End date: Sunday, August 1
|US swimming star Katie Ledecky has won five Olympic gold medals, the most for any female swimmer. Photo: Getty Images|
When is Olympics Gymnastics?
All times mentioned below are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT):
• Start date: Friday, July 23 at 9 p.m.
• End date: Tuesday, August 3 at 4 a.m
When is the Olympics Track and Field?
Find the Track and Field Olympic schedule below:
• Friday, July 30: Men’s 10,000m final
• Saturday, July 31: Women’s 100m final
• Sunday, Aug. 1: Men’s 100m final
• Monday, Aug. 2: Women’s 100m hurdles final
• Tuesday, Aug. 3: Men’s 400m hurdles final
• Wednesday, Aug. 4: Men’s 200m final
• Thursday, Aug. 5: Men’s shot put final, men’s triple jump, women’s pole vault
• Friday, Aug. 6: Men/women 4x100m relays final
• Saturday, Aug. 7: Women’s marathon. Men/Women’s 4x400m relay final.
• Sunday, Aug. 8: Men’s marathon.
Olympics 2021 Athletes to Watch This Summer
The following are a few names you can look out for in the Tokyo Olympics, who are known for their sheer talent and ability to perform:
• Simone Bile, United States (gymnastics)
• Serena Williams, United States (tennis)
• Simone Manuel, United States (swimming)
• Allyson Felix, United States (track and field)
• Justin Gatlin, United States (track and field)
|Vietnam News Today (July 11): Nationwide Coronavirus Vaccination Campaign Officially Launched |
Vietnam News Today (July 11): Vietnam elected as vice chair of UNCTAD intergovernmental expert group’s meeting; Nationwide Coronavirus vaccination campaign officially launched; HCM city opens ...
|Olympics 2020: Soccer Schedule and TV Guide |
While originally not included in the Olympic lineup until 1900, soccer is now a highlight of the event enjoyed by fans all around the world. ...
|EU votes for diplomats to boycott Beijing Winter Olympics |
The European Parliament has overwhelmingly passed a resolution calling on diplomatic officials to boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics due to continuing allegations of human ..