|Latest schedule of Champions League quarter-final and semi-final draw...|
The 12 remaining 2019/20 UEFA Champions League hopefuls can now plot their paths to the final after the quarter-final and semi-final draws were held in Nyon.The draw as it happened
Wednesday 12 August
Atalanta (ITA) vs Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Thursday 13 August
Leipzig (GER) vs Atlético (ESP), Estádio José Alvalade
Friday 14 August
Napoli (ITA) / Barcelona (ESP) vs Chelsea (ENG) / Bayern München (GER), Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Saturday 15 August
Real Madrid (ESP) / Manchester City (ENG) vs Lyon (FRA) / Juventus (ITA), Estádio José Alvalade
Tuesday 18 August
Leipzig (GER) / Atlético (ESP) vs Atalanta (ITA) / Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Wednesday 19 August
Real Madrid (ESP) / Manchester City (ENG) / Lyon (FRA) / Juventus (ITA) vs Napoli (ITA) / Barcelona (ESP) / Chelsea (ENG) / Bayern München (GER), Estádio José Alvalade
The winner of the first semi-final was drawn as the home team – for administrative purposes – for the final, which is being held at the Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica on Sunday 23 August.
This season's quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament in Lisbon, Portugal in August. All these ties will be single-leg fixtures.
• Leipzig and Atlético have never played each other.
• Atlético have won their last eight knockout ties against German sides. Their last aggregate defeat came against Dynamo Dresden in the 1979/80 UEFA Cup first round.
• Atalanta and Paris have never played each other.
• Paris are without a win in their last eight matches against Serie A opposition (D6 L2), since a 3-1 victory against Parma in March 1996.
• The last three times Bayern and Barcelona have met in the UEFA Champions League, the winners went on to lift the trophy: 2014/15 semi-finals (Barcelona), 2012/13 semi-finals (Bayern), 2008/09 quarter-finals (Barcelona).
• Real Madrid and Juventus have met 21 times in UEFA competition, including Madrid's wins in the UEFA Champions League finals in 1998 (1-0) and 2017 (4-1).
• Lyon took four points off Manchester City in last season's UEFA Champions League group stage – three coming in a shock 2-1 victory at the City of Manchester Stadium on Matchday 1.
How the draws worked
It was an open draw, so there was no seeding or country protection.
7–8 August: Round of 16 second legs (home teams' stadiums)
12–15 August: Quarter-finals (Lisbon)
18–19 August: Semi-finals (Lisbon)
23 August: Final (Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Lisbon)
All kick-off times 21:00 CET.
Rule changes for this season
|Latest News Champions League Quarter-Final, Semi-Final Draw |
Champions League Quarter-Final, Semi-Final Draw revealed: Uefa has revealed on Friday the draw for the Champions League quarter-finals and semi-finals, which was held at Uefa’s headquarters ...