Traditional recipe of young ribs braised with pineapple for Tet Holiday
|Unique dishes in Vietnam and the world inspired by COVID-19 pandemic|
|Best dishes to savor in Ha Nam|
|Bombay duck fish hotpot, one of famous local food dishes in Quang Binh Province|
|Photo: Bui Thuy/ via VNExpress|
Ingredients (for 5-6 eaters)
About ribs and marinated ingredients:
- 800 grams of young ribs (choose small ribs with bright color. It is better to choose ones containing cartilage)
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 tablespoons of “nước hàng” (melted sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (to your liking)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 4-5 purple onions
- 4-5 spring onion stalks (cut the white part to marinate ribs).
- 2/3 of a ripe pineapple (choose pineapples with big eyes and natural aroma)
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar for sweeter pineapple (to your liking)
- 2 - 2.5 cups of fresh coconut water
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, crushed ginger
How to make?
- Wash young ribs. Boil a pot of water and put ribs, a little salt, and crushed ginger inside. Then, take them out and wash them again.
- Use a mortar and a pestle to bray salt, garlic, purple onion, and the white part of scallion. Add fish sauce, brown sugar, pepper, monosodium glutamate, and stir.
- Put ribs in a large bowl, pour the mixture in step 2 on, and squeeze so that ribs can be fully infused. Ribs should be marinated for at least 20-25 minutes. Ribs are more delicious if being marinated overnight.
- In a pan, fry the onion and garlic, put pineapple and a little sugar if you like sweet flavor. After about 3-5 minutes, when the pineapple turns clear, turn off the heat.
- Put marinated ribs in a pan and stir fry for a few minutes. After that, put ribs and sauce in a pot to braise. It is better to braise in a clay pot. Add fresh coconut water. Lower the heat, braise for 40-50 minutes until the ribs are soft.
- Add pineapple and braise for more 3-5 minutes so that pineapple can be deeply soaked in sauce.
- Put ribs, pineapple, and sauce in a bowl. Add spring onion, pepper, and chili. This dish is the best when served with hot rice.
Having many eateries that serve a series of scrumptious dishes, Ban Co market in District 3 (Ho Chi Minh City) is no doubt to be ...
You’re planning to travel to Nam Dinh and still wondering what dishes are delicious in this land. This article will give you some recommendations.
The program named "Basaltic cuisine" takes place in 4 days from November 19 to November 22 in the campus of Gia Lai Provincial Museum. There ...