Hanoi proposes to halt Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian street since February 5
|Vietnamese students join battle against Covid-19 pandemic
|Deputy PM: lockdown should be limited to smallest possible scale
|Tet flower markets in Hanoi Old Quarter deserted due to Covid-19, in photos
|The walking street seems deserted in the pandemic outbreak. (Photo: VN Express)
On the afternoon of February 3, at the meeting of Hanoi's Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, new proposals were introduced to effectively prevent the pandemic.
Proposing to halt Hoan Kiem walking street
Hoan Kiem district said the streets are annually closed one week before Tet. However, this year, due to the complicated pandemic developments, Hoan Kiem district proposed the City officially halt operating the pedestrian street from this week (February 5).
“In the past week, the pedestrian street was still opened under the close management of the related force. However, the number of people coming here is small, only a few dozen. If the street continues to be operating, people from different places would flock here, which is difficult for pandemic control works."
The district also proposed to zone and ban the entire firework space for best control of COVID-19 if the city decided to display fireworks around Hoan Kiem Lake on the Lunar New Year's Eve.
|Hoan Kiem proposed to zone and ban the entire firework space for best control of COVID-19 if the city decided to display fireworks around Hoan Kiem Lake on the Lunar New Year's Eve. (Photo: VN Express)
Fining 58 people for not wearing masks in public
Also in the meeting, Ha Dong District said that it had checked 1,201 people coming from the pandemic area, of which 585 people from Tran Hung Dao High School. At 8:00 a.m. this morning, the district's CDC test results showed that all cases were negative with the virus.
Ha Dong district committed to continuing to strengthen anti-pandemic measures, request the Spring Flower Market Management Board to make a list of traders to ensure best prevention. The district has fined 29 people for not wearing a mask in public with the amount of 47 million dongs.
Meanwhile, 29 people in Hoan Kiem district were also fined for the same reason, said Dinh Hong Phong, Standing Vice Chairman of Hoan Kiem District People's Committee. The district has also organized propagating activities to inform people about the pandemic prevention works.
|Districts in Hanoi have so far fined 58 people for not wearing masks in public. (Photo: VN Express)
Publicizing identity of violators of COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control
Concluding the meeting, Mr. Chu Xuan Dung - Vice Chairman of the City People's Committee suggested that the identity of violators of COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control should be publicly announced on the website of the Hanoi Department of Health. This will create favorable conditions for the media to inform and track down the people related.
According to Dung, although no one wants this proposal to come to effect, it is still necessary considering many people's uncooperative attitude recently.
|Annual "Spring on Homeland 2021" to be held in suitable form
Due to the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic, the "Spring on Homeland 2021" program could not welcome people to directly attend. Therefore, the event ...
|Vietnam COVID-19 Updates (Feb 4): 57 new cases found, Deputy PM requests limiting lockdown
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam requested relevant agencies and localities to try to limit lockdown to the smallest possible scale during an online meeting ...
|Warm Tet festival amidst COVID-19: Aid sent to help Quang Binh's locals
Food, kitchen utensils, household toiletries and cash being presented to residents in two communes in the central province of Quang Binh prior to the upcoming ...