October 20, 2020 19:26 | About us
Language: Tiếng Việt | ພາ​ສາ​ລາວ | ខ្មែរ | русский | 中文

"Hanoi whole-city lockdown" is a complete fabrication

13:46 | 20/03/2020

Rumors on social media platforms on Thursday afternoon said that Hanoi authorities had decided to put the city under lockdown following a sudden rise in the number of infections. The dissemination of misreport has been investigated.

hanoi whole city lockdown is a complete fabrication
Hanoi rejects rumors about lockdown on whole city

A representative of Hanoi's government has rejected rumors that the city will be placed under lockdown due to the growing number of coronavirus infections in the city.

Asked about the information spread on social media networks, Deputy Director Nguyen Thi Mai Huong of the municipal Department of Information and Communications told Zing News on Thursday evening that the information on the lockdown is completely groundless.

hanoi whole city lockdown is a complete fabrication
Deputy Director Nguyen Thi Mai Huong of the municipal Department of Information and Communications

“Hanoi is effectively conducting quarantine measures in areas and sections of streets where infections have been found. Truc Bach is an example of lockdown due to human-to-human transmission detected there. Except for that, the city has not made any proposal on locking down the whole city. This is a complete fabrication,” Huong said.

The mass quarantine or city lockdown must be based on the number of infected people, contagion situation, and decision-making competence, she said, adding that people should not go panic with such misinformation that is “extremely poisonous.”

Rumors on social media platforms on Thursday afternoon said that Hanoi authorities had decided to put the city under lockdown following a sudden rise in the number of infections. The dissemination of misreport has been investigated.

Of 69 active cases in Vietnam since March 6, Hanoi has confirmed 24 people positive with the virus.

Earlier on March 16, Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said that the city had prepared more quarantine facilities as the municipal authorities anticipated a rise in infections in the time to come.

Accordingly, several localities are likely to become new quarantine areas, such as Thuong Thanh resettlement area in Long Bien district capable of accommodating 2,000 people, Tu Hiep student dormitories in Hoang Mai district for 2,000 people, Me Linh General Hospital for 200 patients, vocational schools in Son Tay Town, Phu Xuyen and Chuong My Districts, among others.

During the quarantine period, the city spends VND100,000 (US$4.3)/day on each person regardless of their nationalities.

Vietnam's tourism advertisement plan ruined as Hanoi F1 race postponed

As Formula One race was called off due to Covid-19 outbreak, Vietnam's proposed plan on promoting tourism to the world has failed.

Hanoi launches “SmartCity” mobile app to track Covid-19 quarantined cases

Hanoi has recently launched a mobile app named “SmartCity” that allows users to track locations of all Covid-19 infection and suspected cases in Hanoi.

Japan cherry blossom festival – Hanoi 2020 cancelled

The Japanese cherry blossom festival – Hanoi 2020 will be cancelled due to the worsening COVID-19 outbreak.

Nearly 300 retired doctors in Hanoi desire to join hands in Covid-19 battle

Hanoi has recognized the willingness of 280 retired doctors and nurses in the area as well as 700 medical students working voluntarily to prevent and ...

Hanoi begins facing cross-contamination, Chairman of Hanoi warns people to limit unnecessary travel until 31 March

Chairman of Ha Noi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said that the major source of contamination in Hanoi from overseas and people are warned to ...

Hanoitimes