13th-tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
|People-to-people diplomacy needs reform: Politburo member|
|Vietnam will make all efforts to deepen ties with Cuba: Politburo member|
|Deputy PM suggests four areas VUFO should focus on|
|Party chief Nguyen Phu Trong chairs the first plenum of the 13th Party Central Committee|
The 13th Party Central Committee held its first plenum to elect the Politburo, the Party General Secretary, the Party Central Committee's Secretariat, the Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission, and its chairperson in Hanoi on January 31.
Accordingly, 18 candidates were elected as Politburo members for the 13th tenure as listed below:
1. Nguyen Phu Trong, Party General Secretary and State President
2. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister
3. Pham Minh Chinh, Head of the Central Party Committee’s Organization Committee
4. Vuong Dinh Hue, Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee and head of the delegation of National Assembly deputies (14th tenure) of Hanoi
5. Tran Tuan Anh, Minister of Industry and Trade, cum Deputy Head of the Central Party Committee’s Economic Commission
6. Nguyen Hoa Binh, Chief Justice of the Supreme People's Court
7. Luong Cuong, Chairman of the Vietnam People's Army (VPA)’s General Department of Politics
8. Dinh Tien Dung, Minister of Finance
9. Phan Van Giang, Deputy Minister of National Defence, Chief of Staff of the Vietnam People's Army
10. To Lam, Minister of Public Security
11. Truong Thi Mai, Head of the Party Central Committee's Commission for Mass Mobilisation
12. Tran Thanh Man, Chairman of the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front
13. Pham Binh Minh, Deputy Prime Minister cum Minister of Foreign Affairs
14. Nguyen Van Nen, Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee
15. Nguyen Xuan Thang, Director of Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics, Chairman of the Central Theoretical Council
16. Comrade Vo Van Thuong, Head of the Party Central Committee’s Propaganda Commission
17. Phan Dinh Trac, Head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Internal Affairs
18. Tran Cam Tu, Chairman of the Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission.
|An overview of the first plenum of the 13th Party Central Committee|
The 13th Party Central Committee’s Secretariat was also elected at the first plenum, including a number of Politburo members and five others elected at the plenum. Those five are Minister and Chairman of the Committee for Ethnic Affairs Do Van Chien; Standing Vice Chairwoman of the Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission Bui Thi Minh Hoai; Chief of the Party Central Committee’s Office Le Minh Hung; Inspector General of the Government Inspectorate Le Minh Khai; and Deputy Director of the General Department of Politics of the Vietnam People’s Army Nguyen Trong Nghia.
The 13th Party Central Committee's Inspection Commission consists of 19 members, with Tran Cam Tu re-elected as its chairperson.
|Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re-elected as Party General Secretary |
General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Nguyen Phu Trong was re-elected as General Secretary of the 13th Party Central Committee during the first ...
|13th National Party Congress decides Vietnam’s most important tasks: German newspaper |
The Unsere Zeit (Our Time) newspaper of the Communist Party of Germany (DKP) ran an article on the ongoing 13th National Congress of the Communist ...
|List of members of the 13th Party Central Committee |
The 13th National Party Congress held a working session in the afternoon of January 30, and heard a report on the results of the election ...