Easy-to-follow recipe for sweet avocado soup - Vietnamese Cuisine
|Lychee and lotus seed sweet soup, best dish to cool down on summer days, video|
|Recipe: Coconut banana ice cream [video]|
|Recipe: Vietnamese perch spring rolls [video]|
|Ingredients to make sweet avocado soup. Photo: Hoa Anh/ VnExpress|
Ingredients to makeSweet avocado soup (Vietnamese Che)
- 3 avocadoes
- 20g of gelatin powder
- 400ml of fresh sweetened milk
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 100g of sugar
- Coconut flesh
How to make Sweet avocado soup (Vietnamese Che)
|Cutting avocadoes into small pieces. Photo: Dan Viet|
- Peel avocadoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Put avocado pieces into a blender, add 200ml of fresh sweetened milk, 90g of sugar, 2 tablespoons of condensed milk and coconut milk and blend until the mixture is smooth, pour into a bowl.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for about 20 minutes until gelatin is soft. Take it out and steam until it dissolves into a liquid. Then continue to heat until it completely melts.
- Pour melted gelatin into the mixture and stir well.
- Place the blend of gelatin, avocado and milk into the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours.
- Put 200ml of fresh milk, 200ml of coconut milk and 10g of sugar in a pot and heat. Stir evenly to avoid burning.
- Take the solidified mixture out of the refrigerator, place in a bowl, add coconut milk, pearls, coconut flesh and enjoy.
|Finished sweet avocado soup. Photo: Lao Dong|
- It’s advisable to choose soft, old and green avocados with little or no fibers. You should opt for long avocadoes because you can take advantage of the thick flesh near their stems.
- Finished products need to have a green color and soft avocado and pearls.
- Sweet avocado soup can be used within 2-3 days provided that you put it in the refrigerator.
Top 5 health benefits of avocadoes
1. Avocados are nutritionally rich
Avocados have been commended as an example of nutrient-dense food, with one-half of the fruit counting towards your five-a-day.
Avocados are an excellent source of monounsaturated fat and vitamin E and are a good source of folate. They also supply more soluble fiber than other fruit and contain a number of useful minerals including iron, copper and potassium.
2. May support heart health
Avocados are high in fat with 60 percent of this being monounsaturated fats, which research suggests helps to protect against heart disease and lower blood pressure. They are also an excellent source of potassium, folate and fiber, all of which benefit the heart and cardiovascular system.
3. May help to lower cholesterol
The oils supplied by avocado include oleic acid and linoleic acid, these unsaturated fats are recommended as part of a balanced diet to help manage cholesterol.
4. May help to regulate appetite
There is no doubt that the calorie content of avocados is greater than other fruits and vegetables. However, an interesting study has shown that the fat and fiber content of avocados leads to feelings of satiety which helps regulate appetite.
5. May help keep eyes healthy
Alongside the benefits outlined above, avocados are a rich source of protective vitamin E as well as carotenes including lutein and zeaxanthin which are thought to help keep the eyes healthy.
Either eaten with sticky rice or served in daily meals, this chicken dish is a favorite of Ho Chi Minh City. Learn how to make ...
A bowl of pineapple clam soup with the sweetness from pineapple and sour taste from dracontomelon fruit will quickly cool down the extreme heat during ...
Spring rolls has unique faint scent of lotus, naturally sweet meat interspersed with a little grain of wood ears and shiitake mushrooms.