Recipe: Sweet and sour pineapple clam soup, with video
|Recipe: Lotus petals spring rolls with video|
|Recipe: Steamed carp with dracontomelon leaves – summer taste, with video|
|Recipe: Green bean clam porridge - delicious and nutritious|
- Total time: 30 minutes, excluding the time needed to soak the clam (preparing: 15 minutes, cooking: 15 minutes).
- Servings: 4-5 people.
- Total calories: 1514 kcal
|Photo: Web Nau An|
- 1 kg of clams
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 - 3 tomatoes
- 3 dracontomelon fruits
- 1 bowl of bean sprouts
- Dried onions, laksa leaves, green onions
- Seasoning: Fish sauce, salt, sugar, fresh chili
|Photo: VN Express|
- Soak all the clams in rice water or salt water. Put a few slices of fresh chili into the water to remove mud inside the clams. Then rub the clams' shells and rinse them with clean water.
- Put the clams and cold water in a pot, bring it to a boil. When the clams have just opened their shells, stir well, then turn off the heat. Take the pot out.
- Filter the clam broth to leave out the sand.
- Remove clams' meat from their shells, then wash the meat. Marinate it with a little fish sauce and seasoning.
- Peel the pineapple, cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes.
- Wash the bean sprouts and let them drain.
- Wash the lettuce, laksa leaves and chop them finely.
- Stir fry dried onion with 1 tablespoon pork lard or cooking oil. Add tomatoes and a little fish sauce into the pot and cook until the tomatoes get soft. Then add pineapple, dracontomelon.
- Pour the clam broth in, bring it to a boil.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt, sugar according to your own taste.
- When the dracontomelon is well cooked, take it out and crush it to get the meat, and remove the shell.
- Put the clam meat in the pot, bring it to a boil. Put some green onions, laksa leaves in and turn off the heat.
- Do not stir-fry the clams because it will make the meat chewy and dry.
- Only use one-half of the clam broth and one-half of drinking water to avoid the bitter taste from the clam broth.
- To create a sour taste, you can either use dracontomelon fruits, star-fruits and vinegar.
|Recipe: Vietnamese Milk Cheese Jelly Sweet Soup Dessert (Chè Khúc Bạch) |
Milk Cheese Jelly Sweet Soup ("Chè Khúc Bạch") has become very popular in early summers of Vietnam.
|Recipe: Braised beef with sugarcane molasses – a specialty of Nghe An with video |
The dish is like the combination of of the four tastes spicy, sweet, sour and salty.
|Recipe: Rich and nutritious sticky rice with pigeon meat and shiitake mushroom, with video |
Tender sticky rice mixed with fatty pigeon meat is sure to tickle anyone's taste buds