|Recipe for lip-smacking snail cooked with banana and tofu, with vướng mắc|
|Vietnamese bananas officially sold in Lotte Mart in RoK|
|Saigon grocery store shuns plastics to wrap products in banana leaves|
|If you struggle to keep your blood sugar stable, selecting green bananas over fully-ripe fruits may be a better option to enjoy the multitude of banana benefits.|
How healthy are bananas?
Bananas are a great source of several essential nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, fiber and more. They are also an ideal food for athletes and those who exercise regularly thanks to their concentration of quick-acting carbohydrates. These carbs can help bump up energy levels and keep you going all day long. In fact, bananas contain a convenient source of energy perfect for right before a workout. They are also rich in vital post-workout nutrients that can help repair muscle tissues and balance water retention.
Bananas are extremely versatile in recipes. They can even stand in for things like sugar, refined oils, processed flours and more. Because bananas are sweet and contain moisture, they make a great substitute ingredient in recipes for less healthy foods and added sugar. You can also eat bananas plain, have them with nut butter, or use them in recipes like healthy pancakes, muffins, and breads.
How to make coconut banana ice cream at home
Banana ice cream blends with the greasy taste of coconut milk and peanut butter, dispelling the heat of summer.
- Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes (made 15 minutes, chilled 6 hours)
- Servings: 4-5 people
- Total calories: 2780 kcal
- 6-7 ripe Siamese banana, affectionately known as chuối sứ in Vietnamese
- 2 boxes of unsweetened yogurt
- 300 ml of coconut milk
- 200 ml of sweetened condensed milk
- Roasted peanuts, grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Container/popsicle mold, baking stencils
- Pour the peanuts in a pan heated on a low-medium heat and stir until golden brown, wrapped in sealed paper to keep crisp and easy to peel. When it cooled, rub and remove the peel.
- Pour the peanuts into a zip lock bag and crush the pieces using a rolling pin or mallet.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 200 ml of condensed milk, 2 boxes of unsweetened yogurt, 300 ml of coconut milk, a little vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp of salt, and stir well.
- Banana peeled, cut lengthwise with a knife, into 3 slices.
- Line the baking paper in the container, scoop the mixture of milk and coconut milk into the box. Use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- A layer of banana then sprinkle a layer of toasted peanuts and coconut shreds on top. Do each layer until the whole tray is covered.
- Top the final layer with the crushed peanuts and coconut, cover the tray with another glad wrap film and freeze for 6 hours.
- When serving, remove the plastic, cut into bars and enjoy.
+ Should use ripe bananas because it is chewy and moderately sweet.
+ There are many ways to make banana ice cream by box, by balloon bag, by stick.
+ Depending on your preference for more or less sweetness, you can adjust the cream sauce mixture to suit your taste.
+ While you can use fresh coconut shreds for this recipe, the desiccated version lets you toast them until golden for a fragrant smokiness.
+ For variety, add seasonal or hobby fruits such as jackfruit, avocado.
+ To save the bars for later, individually seal them in zip lock bags and pop them back in the freezer.
+ This recipe can keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
|Make Chilled Avocado and Coconut dessert soup recipe to beat up summer heat by yourself |
In the hot summer days, dessert soup made from ripe avocado and coconut milk is a refreshing and easy-to-do treat favored by many Vietnamese.
|Six ways to use coconut oil for hair |
Coconut oil is rich in antimicrobial properties, lauric acid and medium-chain fatty acids that strengthen hair, condition the scalp and help hair to regrow. Here ...
|12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka -- from sour fish curry to coconut relish |
The Teardrop of India or Pearl of the Indian Ocean are among many nicknames for Sri Lanka. But a more accurate description of the gorgeous ...