|Recipe: Orange & bean curd sweet soup to cool down summer's heat|
|Recipe: Fried crab with tamarind sauce|
|Homemade recipe for 'Bun Bo Hue' (Hue style beef noodle soup) with popular ingredients|
|Photo: VN Express|
- Pumpkin: 300 gr
- Glutinous rice flour: 250 gr
- Roasted peanuts: to taste
- Shredded coconut: to taste
- Coconut milk: 200 ml
- Palm sugar, white sugar, rock sugar: to taste
- A small piece of ginger
- Mung bean without shells: 250 gr
|Photo: VN Express|
- Peel and chop the pumpkin, then boil or steam it. When the pumpkin is well-cooked, take it out and leave to cool.
- Smash the pumpkin until it turns into a fine puree, then add a tablespoon of sugar.
- Slowly add the glutinous rice powder and knead the pumpkin until the dough is firm and not sticky.
- Wash the beans, soak them in water for 2-5 hours before draining. Mix the beans with a pinch of salt then steam them.
- Take the beans and wait until they are lukewarm before crushing finely.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little vanilla (optional) into the crushed bean mixture, mix well.
- Shape the pumpkin balls, each ball needs 30 gr of pumpkin dough and 20 gr of filling.
- Press the dough flat, put the filling in the middle, fold the edges, and then shape the balls into mini pumpkins.
How to shape the balls:
- Shape the balls as round as you can, then press them slightly to create 2 flat surfaces. Use a stick or knife to press around the balls to shape them into mini pumpkins.
- Make "pumpkin stems" out of sticky rice dough. Use chopsticks to gently press the tops of the pumpkins, then stick the stem in.
- If you do not want to make the "pumpkin stems" out of dough, you can use vegetable leaves.
- Boil a pot of water, drop the "pumpkins" in and boil until the balls floating in the water, then take them out, and put them in a bowl of cold water.
|Photo: Mon Ngon Moi Ngay|
How to make the ginger sugar syrup:
- Add 500 ml of drinking water and 200 gr of sugar into a pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then crush a piece of ginger and drop it into a pot of water. Leave the pot boiling for 1-2 minutes then lower the heat.
- Drop the pumpkin balls into the syrup pot, cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, then turn off the heat.
How to make the coconut milk:
- Pour 200 ml of canned coconut milk into a small pot, then add 2 tablespoons of sugar, 50 ml of drinking water, one tablespoon of tapioca, and a small pinch of salt.
- Dissolve all the ingredients in the mixture, then boil gently. Turn off the heat, leaving it to cool down.
- When serving the dish, put a few pumpkin balls into a bowl, fill with ginger sugar syrup, and pour a few teaspoons of coconut milk in, wih shredded coconut and roasted peanuts on top. The dish can be served hot or cold.
|Recipe: Fried quail eggs (balut) in tamarind sauce |
Fried quail balut eggs covered in golden tamarind sauce, have a balanced sour, spicy, salty, sweet taste. A beautiful dish for those that want to ...
|Recipe: Watermelon ice-cream for a cool and fresh summer - Video |
Watermelon ice-cream is delicious and easy to make, just perfect for cooling down on long, hot summer days
|Recipe: Vietnamese Vegetable Dipping Sauce with Caramelized Fish Sauce |
Kho quet (Vietnamese caramelized fish sauce dip), a very unique dipping sauce – representing Southern Vietnamese cuisine and flavour, inexpensive, savory, is made by caramelizing ...