|Vietnamese girl wins Global Citizenship Student Awards 2020|
|More than 50 Lao nationals gain Vietnamese citizenship|
|First Vietnamese receives Seoul Honorary Citizenship title|
|On January 19, Ho Chi Minh city Department of Justice held a ceremony to grant Vietnamese citizenship for two people living in the city. Photo: Kim Phung|
On January 19, Ho Chi Minh city Department of Justice held a ceremony to grant Vietnamese citizenship for two people living in the city.
The first is Huynh Dieu Mai, born 1991, stateless. Mai was born and raised in Vietnam but her parents are stateless. In 2013, her mother was granted Vietnamese citizen.
“From today, I am a Vietnamese citizen. I can get a job, get married and live a normal life like many others” – Mai said emotionally.
“When my mother was granted Vietnamese citizenship in 2013, I cried and wanted to be like her. However, due to lack of legal document, I had to wait. Now, my dream came true,” she added.
Looking at her fiancé, Mai shyly “Now we can register for marriage.”
The other to be granted Vietnamese citizenship is Khan Shahad Uddin Hamed, born 1971, Pakistani, (Vietnamese name Doan Van Khan).
Khan has been living and working in Ho Chi Minh city since 1995. He married to a Vietnamese woman and had two children.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr. Nguyen Van Vu, Deputy Director of Ho Chi Minh City Department of Justice congratulated the two citizens. He told the two to obey the law, build a happy family life and be good citizens.
|Mr. Nguyen Van Vu, Deputy Director of Ho Chi Minh City Department of Justice presented flowers to Mr. Doan Van Khan. Photo: Kim Phung|
I. THE CONDITIONS TO GRANTED VIETNAMESE CITIZENSHIP
Foreign citizens who permanently residing in Vietnam are granted permanent residence card. They can acquire Vietnam nationality, if meet the following conditions :
- Have full civilization action about full capacity as the regulations of Vietnam law.
- Obey the Vietnamese constitution and laws; respect the traditions, customs and habits of Vietnames ethnic.
- Know Vietnamese enough to integrate into Vietnamese community.
- Having resided in Vietnam from 5 years up to the time of application for Vietnam naturalization .
- Having the ability to ensure life in Vietnam.
- Must renounce foreign nationality.
- Must Have Vietnamese names, and clearly stated in the decision of citizenship application.
The application for citizenship'll be NOT approved, if the Vietnam Goverment said that it is detrimental to the national benefit of Vietnam.
II. SOME EXEMPTION FROM THE ABOVE CONDITIONS (3, 4, 5):
- As a spouse, father, mother or child of Vietnam citizen .
- There are merits special contribution to the cause of building and defending the country Vietnam .
- There are benefits to the State Vietnam .
In addition, 1 in 3 of those cases can be free of conditions ( 6 ) - about the only foreign nationality - if it is allowed by the President. This mean that Vietnam can accepts multiple citizenship in special cases.
|Vietnam citizenship granted to 350 border residents |
A ceremony was held in the mountainous district of Huong Hoa, the central province of Quang Tri, on October 2 to announce and present the ...
|Son La: 88 Lao nationals granted Vietnamese citizenship |
As many as 88 Lao nationals currently residing in the north-western province of Son La were granted Vietnamese citizenship during a ceremony held in the ...
|38 Laotian in Kon Tum granted Vietnamese citizenship |
Nearly 40 Lao nationals in Kon Tum province obtained the Vietnamese citizenship. They immigrated to Vietnam by crossing border or marrying Vietnamese citizens live in ...