|Prince Philip, 99, was admitted to hospital after feeling unwell. Photograph: Max Mumby/Getty Images|
Prince Philip admitted to hospital as precautionary measure
The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital after feeling unwell, Buckingham Palace said.
Prince Philip, who is 99, was admitted on the advice of his doctor and a palace statement said it was a precautionary measure, according to Guardian.
The statement said: “His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII hospital in London, on Tuesday evening.
“The duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of [his] doctor, after feeling unwell. The duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”
Philip, who was said to be in good spirits, went by car to the hospital and it was not an emergency admission. He is said to have walked into the hospital unaided. A source said the illness was not Covid-related and the stay in hospital was purely precautionary.
He had been feeling unwell for a short period and the doctor was called to Windsor Castle, where he and the Queen have been shielding. The Queen remains at Windsor.
No further details of his condition were being released, Buckingham Palace said.
Trump greets supporters in 1st public appearance since Senate acquittal
Former President Donald Trump on Monday made his first public appearance since his Senate acquittal over the weekend, greeting supporters from his motorcade as he passed them by in West Palm Beach, Florida.
He gave his trademark thumbs-up to cheering supporters waving Trump flags and one holding a "Happy Presidents' Day" sign.
It was one of just a few public sightings of Trump off the golf course since he left the White House and relocated to his new home state on Jan. 20.
The small gathering of what appeared to be a few hundred Trump supporters was live-streamed by the pro-Trump YouTube channel Right Side Broadcasting Network, ABC News reported.
US charges three North Korean hackers over $1.3bn cryptocurrency attacks
The US justice department has accused three North Korean military intelligence officials of a campaign of cyber-attacks to steal $1.3bn in crypto and traditional currencies from banks and other victims.
The three created malicious cryptocurrency applications, opening backdoors into victims’ computers; hacked into companies marketing and trading digital currencies like bitcoin; and developed a blockchain platform to evade sanctions and secretly raise funds, the department said.
The case filed in federal court in Los Angeles builds on 2018 charges against one of the three, Park Jin Hyok, who was charged at that time with the hack of Sony pictures four years earlier, the creation of the WannaCry ransomware, and the 2016 theft of $81m from the central bank of Bangladesh.
The three charged North Koreans are alleged to have carried out their activities on behalf of the government of Kim Jong-un. (Photo: Reuters)
The new charges add two more defendants, Jon Chang Hyok and Kim Il, with the allegations saying the three worked together in the North Korean military intelligence hacking group, the Reconnaissance General Bureau.
Among the cybersecurity community, that body is also known as the Lazarus Group and APT 38.
In addition to the earlier charges, the three engaged in operations out of North Korea, Russia and China to attempt to steal $1.3bn by hacking computers using spearfishing techniques and promoting cryptocurrency applications loaded with malicious software that allowed them to access and empty victims’ crypto wallets, the charges said.
They also allegedly hacked into and robbed digital currency exchanges in Slovenia and Indonesia and extorted a New York exchange of $11.8m.
Japan Olympics Minister Hashimoto to accept a role as head of Tokyo 2020
Japanese Olympics Minister Seiko Hashimoto intends to accept the job of head of Tokyo 2020, the organizing committee for the games in Japan, Kyodo news agency said on Thursday, replacing Yoshiro Mori, who resigned after making sexist remarks.
|(Photo: Yahoo Finance)|
Gold price forecast – gold markets gapped lower
Gold markets gapped lower to kick off the trading session on Wednesday to reach down towards the $1775 region. Higher rates in the 10-year note continue to work against the gold market.
Gold markets have gapped lower to kick off the trading session on Wednesday to show signs of negativity as we had reached down towards the $1775 level. At this point, the $1750 level underneath there could be the gateway to much lower pricing. Quite frankly, the 10-year yield continues to rise, and that is toxic for gold markets as people will chase yield over the metal. Furthermore, it drives up the value of the US dollar, and that of course can cause major issues as well.
If we do break down below the $1750 level, the market is likely to go down at least a couple of hundred dollars, as it will open up the “trapdoor” too much lower prices. I anticipate at that point we would probably go looking towards the $1500 level. On the other hand, if we bounce from here then it is likely that we will go looking towards the 50 day EMA which is closer to the $1850 level, and then possibly the $1900 level, as reported by FX Empire.
|World breaking news today (February 7): Biden hosts first of chats to talk 'directly' with Americans |
World breaking news today (February 7): Biden hosts first of chats to talk 'directly' with Americans. Meanwhile, Trump breaks out of social media shell, UN ...
|World breaking news today (February 6): Democrats clear path for approval of Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID package |
World breaking news today (February 6): Democrats clear path for approval of Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID package. Meanwhile, Kremlin says Biden comments on Russia are ...
|World breaking news today (February 5): UK strips Chinese state-owned TV channel of broadcast permit |
World breaking news today (February 5): UK strips Chinese state-owned TV channel of broadcast permit. Meanwhile, Biden demands Myanmar military 'relinquish power', US, South Korea ...